Acupressure mats are something that came onto my radar a couple months ago. After going to a massage therapist & seeing how tight I really was, I decided to give this thing a try. Essentially it’s a mat that has hundreds of plastic spikes sticking out of it that you lay on.
Sounds awesome right?
I’m showing you the Sivan one I purchased on Amazon, there is a lot of different brands/colours to choose from if you go looking.
Acupressure mats are an excellent self-treatment for stimulating energy in the body. While triggering the body’s innate way of healing itself, it is an effective tool for easing tension and inducing a state of deep relaxation. They can even help flush toxins out of the body, so make sure you drink some extra water the days you use it.
Everybody reacts differently so the effects can even vary from time to time. It’s been shown that people who lay on these regularly experience feelings of happiness, relaxation, improved circulation, heightened body temperature, increased vitality, and a clearer state of mind.
WHAT IS IT USED FOR?
If an acupressure mat is used regularly for a long enough period of time it may:
- Improve circulation
- Increase energy level
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Alleviate headache
- Relieve tension and muscle aches
- Improve sleep and relieve insomnia
- Reduce jaw grinding
- Relieve chronic neck and back pain
- Activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Benefit weight loss by reducing cortisol levels
- Improve heart rate variability
- Revitalize and rejuvenate
- Improve skin complexion
- Relieve constipation
- Acupressure mats can even reduce the appearance of cellulite. The nails will create more blood flow to the area on which the mat is used and this can help break down the fat groupings which causes the cellulite’s plumpish display.
Go order one! If you’re someone who works out or already gets massages it’ll be your best friend!